The hardworking men and women of the Kootenai County Sheriff’s office deserve strong, fair and honest leadership.
In addition to being a person of impeccable character, your Undersheriff will meet the following requirements:
- Long time, sworn law enforcement professional.
- Currently certified, or qualified to obtain Idaho P.O.S.T. certification.
- Well respected in the law enforcement community.
- Superb orator.
- Affable personality.
- Keen sense of humor.
- Has the courage to point out problems wherever they exist, not a yes-man.
- A proficient troubleshooter.
- Lives according the concepts of “Servant Leadership”.
- Has the full support of their spouse.
- Shares my passion for perfection and hard work, as the first year will require long workdays to meet our goals.
Even though I have already identified and spoken with a few solid individuals who meet these requirements, given the importance of the position, it would be unwise to make a commitment this early in the race.